San Ramon, CA
stew . bracken at gmail.com
B.S. Computer Science, Game Design – June 2013
University of California, Santa Cruz
GPA 3.8, Highest Honors in Department, Cum Laude
- Operating Systems: Mac OS X, Windows, Linux
- Web design: HTML(5) & CSS.
- Other software applications: Photoshop, Final Cut, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- IDE: Eclipse, Xcode, Visual Studio
- Version Control: Git, SVN
(See portfolio above for more info on the following.)
- We’re Screwed!! (2013): Lead of 18 person student team. I designed and coded for a two-player platformer for my senior project at UCSC.
- Project Sunlight (2013): Experimental game design for an environmental education game working with students of various disciplines. Ongoing.
- Metatron’s Groove (2013): Music visualizer created on the Raspberry Pi with OpenGL / OpenAL for Burning Man 2013.
- ParaTerra (2011): designed, coded, and artistically inspired this fast paced strategy PC game. Developed in XNA 4.0 with C# for ‘The Game Design Experience’ at UCSC.
- Hunter Predator Prey (2011): implemented various game AI techniques including a hierarchical state machine and steering behaviors to create a deer, lion, and hunter simulation.
- Ms Pac-Man (2011): Created Pac-Man and ghost AI with the pacman-vs-ghost.net framework.
- The Ballad of Futerelf (2009): Designed and coded this PC game as my first game using Game Maker 8.
- Game Design Studio Practicum
- Game AI
- Algorithm Analysis
- Computer Graphics (OpenGL)
- Abstract Data Types
- Advanced Programming (C++, threads, sockets)
- Assembly Language Programming
- Discrete Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Interactive Storytelling
- Impact Designs: Engineering and Sustainability through Student Service
(Referenced available upon request)
- Technical Reviewer
- Corona SDK Cookbook (unpublished), 2014, Packt Publishing
- Game Marketing Intern, Plantronics (Summer 2012)
- Creative input for a new headset marketing video.
- Social media management.
- Swim Coach, San Ramon Aquacats (Summer 2009, 2010, & 2011)
- Lead and coached a swim team of around 250 kids ages 4 to 18 to compete.
- Fine-tuned technique in one-on-one lessons.
- Resolved various conflicts for kids and parents.
- Eagle Scout Rank, 2008.